4/05/2011

Tried and True Tuesday: A stirfry

This picture doesn't do this meal justice.  I first found these ingredients together in a pack from Wegman's in the veggies section.  I've added to the ingredients and come up with my favorite stir fry recipe ever.

1 small bok choy diced
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1/2 cup assorted mushrooms diced
1 container of tofu cubed
1 small can of water chestnuts
1 bag of soy noodles
a few dashes of soy sauce
1 chunk of ginger grated
3 scallions diced

I start with the veggies and stirfry them in my wok.  As they are cooking up I grate the ginger over and mix.  Next I add the soy sauce, followed by tofu, then noodles.  In just a few minutes I have a really yummy dinner with leftovers (no one in my family would touch this with a ten foot pole...well maybe Gavin).  I make this as a treat for myself whenever I know Chris is not eating at home.

No comments: