11/09/2008

Why a blog?


How lucky can one person be? As a stay at home mom, I feel so lucky to have this time with my children. Yet, in the past few months I've found myself getting caught up in other things. It's so easy to get sucked into a soap opera or a good talk show. When gabbing with a girlfriend, a minute easily turns to twenty. Between internet shopping, baking, my favorite magazines and cleaning the house...I lost track of the important things, my two wonderful children. In order to refocus and keep myself on track, I've decided to start a blog.
My goal is to do one fun thing with the kids each day. Don't think I'm an awful mom, I mean do one thing in addition to those things we're already doing like story hour, gymboree, snacktime and playtime. Another goal is to be completely present during this part of the day. I want to observe their reactions, enjoy the time with them and grow from this experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's wonderful!!
You're giving me ideas!!
Keep going!
Kisses to the little ones,

Marine