3/02/2011

Tried and True Tuesday....Lettuce Cups

I love, love, love recreating restaurant food.
First I searched the internet for a recipe.  Had to doctor it up a bit because I never have exactly the right ingredients.  This is the recipe I came up with.

  • 16 Green Lettuce leaves
  • 1 pound ground chicken breast 
  • 1 large onion -- chopped 
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic 
  • 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Asian chili pepper sauce 
  • 1 can (8 ounce size) sliced water chestnuts
  • 1 bunch green onions -- thinly sliced 
  • 1 head mini bok choy-- diced
  • 1 cup shitaki mushrooms--diced 
  • 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil 
  • .  The first time I made it added more than 2 ts of the chili pepper sauce (which I am in love with by the way).  The second time I stuck to the recipe, much better. Also I couldn't find ground organic chicken so I used my food processor.  I ended up liking the texture better that way.  I've made them several times and loved them!

No comments: