I love, love, love recreating restaurant food.
First I searched the internet for a recipe. Had to doctor it up a bit because I never have exactly the right ingredients. This is the recipe I came up with.
- 16 Green Lettuce leaves
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 large onion -- chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili pepper sauce
- 1 can (8 ounce size) sliced water chestnuts
- 1 bunch green onions -- thinly sliced
- 1 head mini bok choy-- diced
- 1 cup shitaki mushrooms--diced
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil . The first time I made it added more than 2 ts of the chili pepper sauce (which I am in love with by the way). The second time I stuck to the recipe, much better. Also I couldn't find ground organic chicken so I used my food processor. I ended up liking the texture better that way. I've made them several times and loved them!