3/22/2011

Tried and True Tuesday.....Milk, Egg and Nut Free

Many of the recipes I use are adapted from recipes I find in books and on the internet.  We adapt because of the food allergies in our home.  At this point we keep our home free of her allergens.  So even if it is a recipe just for Chris and I , I make it safe.  Here are three of our most used recipes.

Pancakes
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp oil or applesauce
1½-2 cups water (this really varies....sometimes I use silk)
These babies freeze really well.  I make a large amount when I have time, we eat another serving a few days later and I freeze the rest.  It's also fun to make them into sandwiches or cut them into strips for easy dipping.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ C butter (Earth Balance-vegan)
9 T sugar
½ C light brown sugar
3T silk
1 1/3 C flour
1 t baking powder
½ t salt
Choco chips (Enjoy Life-milk and egg free)

350 for 15 minutes

This recipe is super easy and makes great cookies.  But I have found if I put the dough in a brownie pan, they are completely amazing cookie bars.  These also freeze really well.  If you store them in an airtight container with a slice of bread they stay moist for most of a week.

No comments: