3/04/2011

Fitness Friday...low numbers

Saturday  0 miles
Sunday 1 mile
Monday 2 miles
Tuesday 2 miles
Wednesday 1 mile
Thursday  0 miles 
Friday 2 miles


Total this week  10 miles 
Total in 2011 180 miles this year


Boo!  How did I only walk 12 miles this week?  Well, to be honest, every time my early alarm went off, I didn't get up. This week none of my walks were in the morning.  I either went for a walk after Chris got home or I snuck some walks in during outings.  This is fine, but I'm not getting the quiet alone benefits of my previous weeks.  And guess what?  I notice the difference...not in how my clothes fit or on the scale.  But in how my body and mind feel.  Usually with a full week of walking I have a nice gentle sore feeling in my legs.  I love that feeling.  On my early morning walks, I have time to clear my head.  Which, in turn, makes me more ready to face the day.  This week felt a bit like the movie Groundhog's Day.  Each morning G would wake up before the second alarm would go off.  I'd drag myself to the shower, always wishing I had walked.  I'd rush through getting ready before my kids got out of their rooms.  But what was more tangible was my feeling.  I was in general annoyed with something the kids had done by 8:00 am.  

I am happy to have this blog, because it made me sit down and write out how this week was different.  With so many negatives, I am going to try to get back on track.  When my first alarm goes off, I'm hoping to get out and on the street!  Walking is one of the ways I take good care of myself.  When I don't do it, I suffer.  My mother had a sign that said "When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."  How true and fitting for this week.


No comments: