11/02/2010

Tried and True Tuesday...and an inspirational blog

First let me begin by sending you here...http://www.bentolunch.net/  We bring our food everywhere because of chelsea's allergies.  This lady is amazing, a complete genius with bento boxed lunches and food prep.  I dream of being her and she has inspired me to jazz up my lunches and meals.  What a great thing for when they get to be school age!  WOWSERS!


Okay so onto my Tuesday breakfast recipes.  This our vegan pancake recipe.  I make a double batch once a week, then we reheat them for another meal, make them into sandwiches, bring a few along as snacks and freeze remainder for busy mornings. I also usually have three large ziploc bags full of the dry ingredients for when I don't feel like mixing it all up.  Here it is:
2 cups flour ( 1 wheat, one white)
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar (we've played with replacing sugar with honey and agave syrup too)
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup applesauce
1½-2 cups water or soy or rice milk
flax seed meal (optional)
½ cup pureed vegetable (optional: we like cauliflower or sweet potato)

No comments: